preferredHospitals.com is an emerging network of ‘digital’, web 2.0 or ‘social media friendly’ institutions. Yet just what is a digital or social media friendly hospital? While a relatively new and still emerging socio cultural notion, they are health care organizations committed to transforming a market insensitive and increasingly unsustainable volume vs. quality driven general hospital business model, while embracing to the following key principles:
- cost and quality transparency
- patient empowerment via tools integrating with your personal (PHR) or electronic (EHR) medical records
- active community engagement via blogs, Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube or other new age media
- ‘direct medical practice’ friendly
- a proactive commitment to sensitively serve the under-served, i.e., the uninsured or growing ranks of under-insured
- a signatory to the Health Data Rights declaration
Though a new and rapidly evolving industry, we intend to build and brand a national network of like minded hospitals who value consumer empowerment via ‘participatory medicine’ engagement.
For more information, please contact us at 888.568.8590.